Good. The Liaquat National Hospital (LNH), is located at Stadium Road, Karachi, Sindh,Pakistan. The hospital was established on October 16, 1958. Soon after Independence the Red Cross Fete Committee, which was chaired by Syed Wajid Ali, raised about PKR 800,000 through Meena Bazaars organized under the guidance ofBegum Rana Liaquat Ali Khan. At a meeting chaired by Begum Rana Liaquat Ali Khan, the committee decided to establish a hospital inKarachi, Pakistan under the name "The National Hospital". His Excellency Mr. Ghulam Muhammad, the Governor General of Pakistan, laid the foundation stone of the hospital on February 23, 1953.
In memory of Nawabzada Liaquat Ali Khan, the first Prime Minister of Pakistan who was assassinated in 1951, the National Hospital was renamed as Liaquat National Hospital.
Syed Wajid Ali was selected as the president of a committee of citizens, philanthropists, technocrats and government functionaries in November 5, 1958, and remained so till his death in 2008.
In 1978, the institute entered into the field of education. Today, it plays a role as a leading postgraduate medical centre having school of nursing, a school of physiotherapy and rehabilitation, College of Medical Laboratory Technology, and offers technical courses in a spectrum of services.
Now, the hospital has 700 beds with 32 specialty services, providing diagnostic and therapeutic facilities. The hospital has a residency training program, representing a majority of the existing disciplines, recognised for fellowship by the CPSP, including disciplines which are also recognised by the Royal Colleges in the UK.
The hospital has MRI machines, pathology laboratory facilities, additional Executive II and III Wards, CCU, MICU, dialysis machines and ventilators. An operation theatre, intensive care unit. and transplant unit complex are under construction.
23 February 1953, the foundation stone of Liaquat National Hospital was laid by Mr. Ghulam Mohammad, Governor General of Pakistan.16 October 1958 Governor General Sikander Mirza formally inaugurated Liaquat National Hospital.November 1958 Syed Wajid Ali was selected as the President of the constituted committee of eminent citizens, philanthropists, technocrats and government functionaries.In 1958 the hospital started to function with four out-patient services and 50 beds for the in-patients. The hospital had:ReceptionSpecial Wards I & IIOperation TheatresStaff QuartersX-Ray Neurosurgery WardDoctors HostelKitchenCentral Stores (half portion)1959, Endoscopies Urology service pioneered by Liaquat National Hospital. The first UR (P) done at LNH by Dr. Hussaini.1962, Nephrology Ward foundation stone was laid.1973, Doctors hostel was constructed.1977, Fluoroscopy machine was installed.1978, Liaquat National Hospital enters the field of education.1981, Gastroenterology Ward and Gynaecology Ward were constructed.1982 - 83, Special Ward III and IV were constructed.1984, Liaquat National Hospital acquires a CT scanner.1985 - 86, CCU, mosque and courtyard were constructed.1986, Children Ward was constructed.1987, Old Neuro & Orthopedic Ward was constructed.1990, Started first MRI in Pakistan Central Stores was constructed.1991, Arthroscopic orthopedic procedure performed.1992, Chest Ward was constructed.1993, First Laparoscopic Choleosystectomy at Liaquat National Hospital.1994, Liaquat National Hospital Library constructed.1995, New medical and surgical wings were constructed.1995, First Symposium was held at Liaquat National Hospital and the Academic Council was established for medical education at Liaquat National Hospital.1996, Liaquat National Hospital started CME programs, acquired 1.5 tesla MRI installed and established nuclear medicine unit with gamma camera.1997, Surgical Day Care Unit constructed.1997, Skills Lab was established.