Mushkpuri Peak is a breathtaking mountain located in the Galyat region of Pakistan. It is the second-highest peak in the area, with an altitude of 9,200 feet. The peak is a popular destination for hikers and trekkers due to its stunning views and easy accessibility. In this blog, we will guide you through the experience of hiking to Mushkpuri Peak.
The trail to Mushkpuri Peak is well-maintained and easily accessible. The starting point of the hike is at Nathiagali, which is a famous tourist spot in the Galyat region. You can reach Nathiagali via public transport or by hiring a taxi from Islamabad or Rawalpindi. The journey from Islamabad to Nathiagali takes around two and a half hours.
The trail to Mushkpuri Peak is 4.5 km long and takes around three hours to complete. The first 2 km of the hike is a steep climb, which can be challenging for some hikers. However, the trail is well-maintained and has plenty of rest stops and viewpoints along the way. The last 2.5 km of the hike is relatively easier, with a gradual ascent to the peak.
The view from the top of Mushkpuri Peak is breathtaking. On a clear day, you can see the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas in the distance. The lush green valleys and forests surrounding the peak are also a sight to behold. There is a small temple at the top of the peak, which is a popular spot for taking pictures and enjoying the view.
Tips for Hiking Mushkpuri Peak
Here are some tips to help you prepare for your hike to Mushkpuri Peak:
- Wear comfortable and sturdy shoes. The trail can be rocky and slippery in some places, so it’s important to have good grip.
- Dress in layers. The temperature can drop significantly as you climb higher, so it’s important to have warm clothing.
- Carry plenty of water and snacks. There are no shops or rest stops along the way, so it’s important to bring your own supplies.
- Start early in the day to avoid hiking in the heat.
- Carry a map or GPS device to help you navigate the trail.
Hiking Mushkpuri Peak is an exhilarating experience that should be on every hiker’s bucket list. The trail is well-maintained and easily accessible, making it a great option for beginners and experienced hikers alike. The stunning views from the top of the peak are worth the effort of the climb. So, put on your hiking shoes, pack your bags, and head to Mushkpuri Peak for an unforgettable adventure!